The overall structure of a home is essentially the backbone that holds everything in place. For many, the structural integrity of a home is often viewed as the most crucial part of the home-buying process. By being able to observe and report on these critical matters during the structural portion of a home inspection, real estate agents are in a unique position to offer expertise and peace of mind to all parties involved in the home-buying process.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Define terms commonly used during the structural portion of the home inspection process.
- Understand common causes of structural damage.
- Understand risks associated with inspecting structural components during a home inspection.
- Define what to consider during structural portion of the home inspection, including attics, basements, crawlspaces, floors, ceilings, windows, and doors.
- Define common concerns related to the inspection of the exterior structure and related components, including property lots, decks, porches and foundations.
- List examples of limitations that should be noted in a report of the structural inspection.
Upon completing the registration for this course, you will receive a personalized link to access the online course. If you do not receive the confirmation email containing the link, please contact us and we will resend it to you.
Important Notice: To receive continuing education credits for this course, you must be in the meeting room on time and you must stay in the meeting room until the course has ended. If you arrive late, or leave early, you will not receive credit.
2.00 Continuing Education Credit Hours
Price: FREE (No Fee)
Having fully met the requirements of the Pennsylvania State Real Estate Commission, the following course approval has been granted. Provider Name: Preferred Systems, Inc. School Approval Number: RE001037 Course Name: Residential Structural Inspections Course Type: Elective Continuing Education Approval Number: RECE003718 Approved Hours: 2.0 Partial credit cannot be given to those licenses attending only a portion of this course.
1240 West Chester Pike, Suite 207
West Chester, PA 19382