Any structure built before 1978 is at risk for containing lead paint. The prevalence of lead paint may impact a buyer’s decision on whether or not to purchase a property. Sellers may have more realistic expectations regarding the sale of their property if they are aware of the implications of lead based paint that may be present on their property. Real estate agents can help to communicate the implications of lead based paint to their clients if they are better educated on the subject.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Define lead abatement and explain why lead based paint is prevalent in buildings prior to 1978.
- Identify and explain the health implications of lead based paint poisoning.
- Describe risks of performing renovations on areas afflicted with lead based paint.
- Explain government regulations that address lead based paint.
- Describe tests available to determine if lead based paint is prevalent in a building.
- Communicate implications of lead based paint to clients.
Upon completing the registration for this course, you will receive a personalized link to access the online course. If you do not receive the confirmation email containing the link, please contact us and we will resend it to you.
Important Notice: To receive continuing education credits for this course, you must be in the meeting room on time and you must stay in the meeting room until the course has ended. If you arrive late, or leave early, you will not receive credit.
2.00 Continuing Education Credit Hours
Price: FREE (No Fee)
Having fully met the requirements of the Pennsylvania State Real Estate Commission, the following course approval has been granted. Provider Name: Preferred Systems, Inc. School Approval Number: RE001037 Course Name: Lead Safety: What Real Estate Agents Need to Know Course Type: Elective Continuing Education Approval Number: RECE003714 Approved Hours: 2.0 Partial credit cannot be given to those licenses attending only a portion of this course.
1240 West Chester Pike, Suite 207
West Chester, PA 19382